Perform administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of the department to relieve supervisor of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency of departmental or divisional office operations.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments and meetings for supervisor; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities; transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with internal and external agencies; make proper referrals as necessary; prepare materials and make arrangements for conferences and travel; prepare necessary documents for supervisor's use in meetings; may attend meetings to take minutes or provide information as requested. Advise or direct secretarial, clerical or other personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness.
- Supports physician staff by representing physicians; screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls
- Schedule and reschedule patients in Maestro/EPIC as directed and following up on no shows and cancelled appointments
- Perform prior authorizations for medications
- Answer telephones and take and triage messages and faxes to clinic staff and providers
- Organize and maintain departmental files for efficient operation of department
- Deliver and retrieve departmental mail
- Coordinate transfer of information to clinic staff prior to patient’s appointment
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintain quality results by following and enforcing standards.
- Perform related duties as required
- Take and transcribe dictation; type letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness.
Required Qualifications : Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Preferences: Experience with Maestro/Epic Systems. Maestro Care (Epic) is an electronic medical record and clinical care application system..
Office Experience - General, Scheduling, Telephone Skills, Typing, Business Knowledge, Organization, Time Management, Customer Service, Verbal Communication, PC Proficiency, Reporting Skills