General Description of the Job Class
Perform duties in computerized order entry, distribution of all supplies, linen, equipment, shipping and receiving of hospital merchandise. Able to maintain good inventory management processes; meeting supply needs with prompt delivery, assuring accuracy of issues and insures the good working order and availability of equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Have responsibilities in at least one of the following areas in order to ensure optimal inventory management for in-scope facilities:
- In accordance with established policies and procedures, Level 1 staff are required to: Distribute and restock supplies and/or linen to end users in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Use appropriate Supply Chain technologies (Pyxis and SAP) to document movement of supplies
- Perform cycle count on a regular basis to ensure accuracy of stock levels in all areas
- Check expiration dates on supplies on a regular basis and document and discard expired products
- Accept and sign for deliveries from distributors as necessary
- Inspect shipments, enter Goods Receipts into SAP, filing packing slips
- Report identified shipment discrepancies to SC onsite management
- Prepare and ship out Vendor Returns, rotation of stock in all areas
- Move and stock supplies to appropriate shelving locations once receiving is complete
- Transport shipments from loading dock to stockroom and deliver packages to appropriate purchasers. Deliver non-supply items when specified (e.g. medical gas, linen) in a timely manner
- Participate and perform mid-year and year-end inventory counts
- Ensure all STAT orders are completed according to specified service level agreement
- Demonstrate excellent customer service when interacting with end customers to address linen and/or supply questions
- Ensure all Supply Chain work areas are clean and organized, including all other supply storage areas throughout the facility
- Proactively provide recommendations on operational efficiency improvements to Supply Chain management
Required Qualifications at this Level
HS Diploma/G.E.D. required.
Some college level coursework preferred, but not required
Level 1 At least 1 year of work experience, including experience in one of the following areas: distribution, warehousing, shipping, receiving, logistics, material handling, customer service, inventory control, or other comparable service line. Strongly prefer experience in a fast- paced, customer service environment.