Previous experience with purchasing experience strongly preferred
Perform a variety of clerical duties ensuring orderly and timely delivery of materials from vendors using electronic purchasing and payables system; assist in negotiating non-complex contractual arrangements between the company and selected vendors committing funds to authorized limits.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties to ensure that merchandise, supplies, and equipment are shipped on schedule by vendors.
- Review and process purchase requisitions daily into SAP R/3 purchasing system; research, validate and enter vendor registrations into SAP R/3 purchasing system.
- Prepare and process various forms involving change orders, exception reports, bid requests, and other buying procedures; price requisitions as required.
- Maintain interface with vendors to ensure the procurement of high quality merchandise, expedient delivery, and dependable service at optimum price, referring problems involving deliveries or invoices to the buyer for resolution.
- Assist in negotiating non-complex contractual arrangements between the company and selected vendors committing funds up to authorized limits.
- Perform clerical work upon request to assist and relieve supervisor of clerical duties; screen mail and compose correspondence based on general instruction.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of postsecondary education.
Work generally requires three years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization, communications and research practices.
A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE