Plan, coordinate and participate in the establishment and operation of a specialized program and/or activity at Duke University planning methods and developing systems in accordance with predetermined goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement complex information systems in support of program activities and provide adequate reference of data, documentation of procedures and processes and evaluation of program results.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate personnel, Departments and outside sources to obtain and provide pertinent information and to answer inquiries concerning program activities.
- Compile and analyze information in support of program activities; prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with program goals and deadlines. Advise or direct designated personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness.
- Plan and execute the distribution of reports and information as required.
- Advise supervisor as to the status of current activities and additional or expanded program requirements; make recommendations for solution to problems identified. Assist in determining budgetary recommendations and requirements; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted program accounts.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.
A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE