Plan, coordinate and participate in the establishment and operation of a specialized program and/or activity at Duke University, planning methods and developing systems in accordance with predetermined goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement appropriate information systems in support of program activities and provide adequate reference of data, documentation of procedures and processes and evaluation of program results.
- Maintain liaison with appropriate personnel, University Departments and outside sources to obtain and provide pertinent information and to answer inquiries based on knowledge of program activities.
- Compile and analyze information in support of program activities; prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations and conclusions.
- Plan and schedule work priorities in accordance with program goals and objectives and deadlines. Plan and execute the distribution of reports and information as required.
- Advise supervisor on the status of current activities, additional or expanded program requirements and appropriate recommendations for solution to problems.
- Assist in determining budgetary recommendations and requirements; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted program accounts. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of postsecondary education.
Work generally requires two years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization, communications and research practices.
A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and experience requirement.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE