Perform administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature to maintain efficiency of departmental office operations. This position provides direct administrative support to the Associate Director, the Senior Director and the Assistant Director. The staff assistant handles administrative duties, which include but are not limited to the following: initial management of incoming calls and correspondence; arranging meetings, adding and managing data in the departmental databases, drafting high level correspondence, maintaining filing systems and providing a range of technical and logistical support. This position is managed by the Associate Director and the Assistant Director and works cooperatively with other members of the team.
- Provide support for the Administration staff members. Duties may include: field incoming calls and disseminate to other staff as needed; screen and route mail and documents for Administration staff; determine which mail to respond to, or which to share with others based on content of communication and knowledge of departmental programs and activities; assist with processing of new bequests and life income gifts and closing of matured gifts; prepare materials and make arrangements for conferences and travel; prepare necessary documents for internal or external meetings; may attend meetings to take minutes.
- Provide support for Marketing activities. Duties may include: compiling complex mailing lists for newsletters, publications and targeted mailings; arranging materials and publications; preparing items to be mailed; assist with event mailing lists and letters, as needed. Additional duties and special projects as needed.
- Shared oversight of the various associations. Coordinate replies to members, in collaboration with colleagues. Prepare certificates to be mailed to members, coordinate correspondence and enter gifts in a timely manner according to departmental standards. Assist Assistant Director with marketing to members. Additional stewardship of this group, as needed.
- Assist Senior Director with travel arrangements and stewardship reports. Enter documentation (moves) into donor database. Ensure that records of prospects and donors are accurate for complex planned gifts. Collaborate with colleagues as necessary for clarification.
- Prepare letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness.
- Maintain departmental files, records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of department; record data in various databases, compile and summarize data and assist in preparing regular and special reports requiring analysis and evaluation of data; review reports received for department; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the Associate Director.
- Undergraduate degree highly desirable
- Must be very comfortable with Microsoft Office and other computer applications, including databases, spreadsheets, word processing, web-based applications and e-mail
- Organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team skills
- Friendly, professional and customer-focused
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE