Experience with EPIC strongly preferred. Will be handling clinic scheduling, patient calls, calendaring, phone calls, meeting set up/scheduling.
Perform responsible administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of major departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of varied clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency in organizational operations.
- Screen and route mail and documents; determine which to respond to or which to bring to supervisor's attention based on content of communication and broad knowledge of departmental programs and activities.
- Organize and maintain divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; maintain up-to-date management and procedural manuals, directives and related records; interpret new directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes.
- Assist in preparing complex reports and proposals requiring the identification of sources, compilation, analysis and evaluation of data.
- Review reports received for supervisor; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the supervisor.
- Assist in the preparation of complex and diversified departmental or divisional budgets making recommendations and projections based on knowledge of program activities and departmental operations.
- Compose letters and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of departmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Take and transcribe dictation; type letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with general policy and factual correctness.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars and conferences and establish appointments, meetings and speaking engagements for supervisor; attend meetings to take minutes, provide information and serve as a resource person; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities and transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with administrative personnel and external agencies concerning University policies and procedures, grant administration and budgetary preparation and control.
- Advise and direct secretarial, clerical or other personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires three years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities. OR and equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.