The Financial Management Analyst III will provide support in directing key administrative functions (animal ordering/receiving, purchasing, transport, investigator billing, AP/AR, procurement card processing, cage card maintenance) and work closely with the Associate Director to carry out financial responsibilities.
- The position plans and develops various financial reports not limited to operational and capital budget, financial statements, statistical reports, cost analyses, and other financial information.
- The position supervises and coordinates the work of (8) eight staff members and is heavily involved in the full implementation of the Facility Management System software and operation, directing these employees to that end.
- Lead the initiative on the development, installation and management of any new animal tracking application.
- The position also assists in the development, implementation and management of financial systems, grants management, cost accounting systems and/or financial policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Perform the more complex duties involved in compiling, analyzing and reporting the financial performance of departmental operating units.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires a minimum of six years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE