GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB CLASS:
Responsible for providing detailed indexing and quality review of medical record documents within Hyland OnBase before upload into the electronic health record. Performs look-up within Maestro Care to validate demographic information (medical record number, contact serial number, dates of service, etc.) and create patient labels as needed for medical record document routing. Indexing involves correctly identify the type of document and whether it is maintained in the medical record; correct patient; correct encounter to ensure the medical record documents route to the correct location within Maestro Care to support the clinical continuum of care. Responsible for a final quality review of medical record documents scanned by DPC and PDC staff and imported from non-interfaced systems. Has the authority to correct document name, medical record number and date of service prior to upload of document to the electronic health record. Scans paper medial record documents for inclusion in the electronic health record. Preps paper medical record documents in advance of scanning to ensure complete information for future scan and indexing processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS LEVEL (INCLUDING % OF TIME SPENT):
- Reviews electronic documents scanned by DPC, PDC and Imported documents using Hyland OnBase to validate correct selection of medical record number, document type and date of service and corrects as needed prior to marking for upload to the electronic health record. 25%
- Reviews electronic documents scanned by clinical units via the Hyland OnBase Express Scan process and index. Index the document by reviewing document content, and correct selection of document type, correct patient, correct CSN/encounter and date of service. 25%
- Prepping, and scanning of all records into the Document Imaging system for permanent storage of patient information per policy. This involves properly identifying all demographic information on each document and removing any pages found in error. This is to assure an acceptable scanned image for future clinical and legal review of the electronic health record. 10%
- Reviews for quality the electronic documents scanned by clinical units via the Hyland OnBase Express Scan process to validate correct selection of document type, correct patient, correct CSN/encounter and date of service and corrects as needed prior to uploading the electronic health record. 15%
- Quality review and feedback are captured through data entry into Hyland OnBase of errors identified and corrected. 10%
- Deletes blank pages, and documents that are not to be included in the record, rotates pages for proper orientation while viewing. 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned to include answering telephones from individuals internal to duke who are asking for status of documents needing to be scanned. 5%
- Performs Interface Error corrections of documents that failed prescreen checks upon import in the electronic health record. The correction involves using both Hyland OnBase and Maestro Care Interface Error work queue to assess the reason for error and taking appropriate action as outlined within the Interface Error Correction Matrix to resolve the reason for failure and re-index the document to upload to the electronic health record. 5%
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT THIS LEVEL:
Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Experience: Two years of administrative support experience of increasing variety and/or complexity.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of department policies, procedures and goals. Ability to creatively use PC, word processing, and other office tools.