Communication assistance needed in fundraising office. Needs experience with email marketing, WordPress, HTML (basic). Drupal experience a plus. Must be comfortable drafting, editing documents for newsletters and website. Must be able to collaborate with team members both inter-department and across departments with limited supervision to gather content for communications (stories, quotes, photos etc.) Some stewardship processing (merging, printing and mailing letters) required.
- Develop website content, including original stories, articles, designs, videos, and integrated connections to multimedia and social networking opportunities
- Plan, communicate and participate in various student and employee appreciation projects, services and recognition activities.
- Assist with the employee newsletter to include writing articles, providing photographic services, performing layout duties and interacting closely with directors to ensure adequate coverage of human interest stories, operational and organization plans, employee benefits and other areas of employee interests.
- Assist with researching and writing policies and procedures; update policy and procedural manuals; obtain approval concerning new or revised policies and procedures.
- Assist with the formulation of budgetary requirements for various employee appreciation and student promotional programs; present program plan and proposed budget for approval.
- May research and respond to suggestions submitted to a department suggestion box; may research and prepare responses to complaints directed at the department; maintain liaison with department staff and persons outside of the department to coordinate activities associated with communications.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires communication and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Work generally requires one year related experience in advertising, marketing, media, promotions or public relations.
OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE