The Campaign Analyst will report jointly to the Senior Assistant Director and Director to support the work of the Office with final reporting and analysis of the campaign. In addition, the individual in this role may assist with other planning and analytics projects related to strategic and post-campaign planning. This is a contract position for 8-9 months in duration.
Core responsibilities are as follows:
- Campaign Operations and Coordination
- Research and evaluation:
- Gather, develop, organize, and analyze large amounts of data and other information related to donor and constituent base, academic, teaching and research enterprise, and to the fundraising performance of advancement programs and the campaign (see Data and Information Analysis section below);
- Prepare concise, well-organized reports, summaries, briefing materials and correspondence;
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, and preparing campaign documents, reports, training materials and presentations for internal and external audiences
Data and Information Analysis
- Assist in accomplishing the complex data analysis related to implementation and conclusion of the campaign:
- Assist in creating and maintaining various campaign gift tables/pipeline analyses for schools, academic units, centers and institutes and, potentially, other project-related gift tables;
- Analyze data and prepare reports on overall campaign performance for each area, purpose and priority
- Collaborate with colleagues to accomplish and to continue data analysis relating to prospect and donor activity; for example:
- Movement of prospects along the pipeline to support the development of strategies designed to build a robust prospect pool at each level of the gift pyramid
- Fundraising results at the school and unit level
- Capacity of current prospects in relationship to their current commitments
Campaign and Fundraising Performance and Post-Campaign Planning
- Provide assistance with on-going analytics and planning work underway
- On-going work to report on key benchmarks post-launch
- Monitoring and supporting efforts related to leadership giving and progress toward fundraising goals
- Prospect Pipeline assessment
- Gap analyses
Campaign Gift Coding and Campaign Reporting: Provide assistance, as directed, in the following areas:
- Maintain regular communication to ensure that campaign coding processes are running smoothly.
- Receive and review regular daily/weekly reports of new gifts kicked out by the system for manual campaign coding.
- Obtain necessary information from school/unit coding reps or others to correctly code the gifts, and collaborate with ADS, through a process set up with them, to see that codes are entered.
- Maintain and update the Campaign Code Sheet as needed.
- Maintain communication with Gift Planning to ensure that the feed to ADS and ADR for campaign eligible bequests and any other exceptional planned gifts is properly maintained.
- Review all campaign reports regularly and oversee implementation of any needed modifications.
Initial projects for the individual will include but not be limited to:
- Campaign coding
- On-going campaign code tracking and follow-up
- Post-campaign coding for reporting project
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.
A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years experience.
OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.