SUMMARY: Perform complex duties in the execution, balancing and completion of the biweekly, faculty/staff, and noncompensatory payrolls. Perform the functions to support the Time and Attendance systems used by employees and supervisors.
- Execute, balance and complete the biweekly, faculty/staff, and noncompensatory payrolls in the payroll system making sure all steps are documented.
- Run associated post transactions that are required as part of the completion of the regular payroll process, the offcycle process and the time and attendance process.
- Process ACH Transmissions and Positive Pay files for regular payrolls as well as direct deposit prenote files for all employees
- Troubleshoot and analyze any payroll issues and problems. Communicate the issues and resolution with documentation to payroll management.
- Load, balance and reconcile payment files from departments for inclusion in the regular payroll processing
- Process payroll deduction files from benefit vendors and internal departments into the payroll system for regular payroll processing. Provide reports to vendors according to procedures.
- Process system update files such as Salary Setting, time loads, mass updates for noncompensatory payments as scheduled.
- Participate in the annual Paid Time Off Cash In process (communications, reports, file loads) for Health System employees.
- Participate in the testing of SAP change requests, yearend system changes, and upgrades, documenting results as required.
- Create and apply API time and attendance interfaces as well as Electronic Time Card interfaces to the SAP Mass Data Entry module.
- Participate in testing rule changes, enhancements and upgrades to the API system, documenting results.
- Make table changes as necessary in API based on requests from departments or management entities.
- Execute the biweekly and faculty/staff pay period closings for the API Time and Attendance system.
- Coordinate and maintain permissions module within API, interacting with the requesting liaison and Administrative Systems Management staff on these changes.
- Process required transactions to support the Time Evaluation process.
- Balance master data entries processed by the Operations staff for the biweekly, faculty/staff and noncompensatory payrolls. Process data entry edits for the regular payrolls.
- Create the employee download from the payroll system and apply these master data changes to the Time and Attendance system based on the schedule for the pay period.
- Process third party remittances for benefit deductions processed in both offcycle and regular payrolls. This includes balancing the deductions taken to the Accounts Payable checks and mailing all necessary documents to support this information.
- Monitor and respond to emails directed to the Time and Attendance mailbox within one business day.
- Provide data from the payroll system and time and attendance system as requested by management using the query tools provided.
- Provide support to payroll staff when management is out of the office to assure continued daily operations.
- Prepare written procedures and maintain detailed documentation on all payroll procedures. Keep up to date on the latest Policies that could affect how employees are paid in the payroll system.
- Assist with special projects/assignments when requested by management. Maintain documentation on these projects.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- SAP - Required
- Corporate Payroll Processing - Required
- API Time and Attendance System – nice to have Time and Attendance system skills
- PeopleSoft – skill set for this system could be considered in place of SAP
- Time Evaluation Processes – nice to have
- Work Day skill set for this system could be considered in place of SAP
- SAP HR/Payroll Required
- Microsoft Excel Required
- Oracle skill set for this system could be considered in place of SAP
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or directly related field.
Work requires 3 years experience in an accounting/payroll setting to become knowledgeable of the accepted accounting practices and knowledge of the payroll systems.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE