Full-time, or 30 hours a week
Perform administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature. The staff associate handles multifaceted administrative duties, which include but are not limited to, list management, database research, arranging meetings, maintaining a filing system, preparing documents/materials for meetings/review, tracking expenses, drafting high level correspondence, as well as providing technical and logistical support. This position provides direct administrative support to the Associate Vice President, as well as project support to the Director and the Senior Assistant Director.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments and meetings for staff members; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental activities; transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with internal and external agencies; make proper referrals as necessary; prepare materials and make arrangements for conferences and travel; prepare necessary documents for staff members' use in meetings; attend meetings to take minutes or provide information as requested; follow up with minutes in a timely manner.
- Maintain office organization for both paper and electronic files.
- Work with the Director on preparing bi-weekly staff meeting agendas and prepare follow-up task lists.
- Coordinate and manage complex calendar for Associate Vice President.
- Proactively schedule meetings, accept or decline meetings, look ahead to mitigate any conflicts, hold times as appropriate, indicate out of office times, and respond to calendar questions in a timely manner.
- Serve as point person for communication of departmental staffing schedules.
- Screen and route mail and documents; determine which to respond to or which to share with others based on content of communication and knowledge of departmental programs and activities, while ensuring confidentiality.
- Prepare letters, reports and records ensuring grammatical accuracy, conforming to established procedures and factual correctness.
- Coordinate and assist with preparation for all campaign meetings and events.
Project & Event Support:
- Coordinate internal working meetings to plan for events, generate regular metrics tracking and reporting; prepare initial draft of briefing materials and deliver final copies to all involved parties.
- Assist with analytics projects; work with databases to segment and evaluate information; create and manage lists of donors.
- Assist with management of the various campaign committees.
- Assist with strategic and complex follow-up to donors and prospects, ensuring that materials are gathered, prepared, and delivered as part of a cohesive whole.
- Anticipate needs and proactively bring together appropriate people and other resources to support the office in addressing issues.
- Additional project support as needed.
Budgeting / Financial:
- Maintain appropriate records for documentation requirements.
- Prepare budget projections.
- Maintain divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; maintain up-to-date management and procedural manuals, directives, and related records; compile and summarize data and assist in preparing regular and special reports requiring evaluation of data; review reports received for department.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE