Performs a variety of administrative, secretarial, and project-related functions of a complex and confidential nature in support of clinical and research efforts of team.
I. Office Support
- Writes business letters, memos, and e-mail correspondence to facilitate an efficient exchange of information.
- Ensures that written communications are accurate, timely, and professional, with appropriate attention to proper business etiquette, format, and tone. This includes all processing of word documents,printing, faxing, filing, scanning or other tasks as needed.
- Prepares spreadsheets, charts, and complex presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Word and will be asked to learn and use EndNote and possibly Visio if needed.
- Prepares correspondence, general communication materials, manuscripts and grants for designated team member(s), working from written or typed drafts, dictation, researched information, or personal knowledge.
- Proofreads and edits documents to ensure the accuracy, clarity, and consistency of the content.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, and conferences for designated team member(s) based on predetermined specifications or instructions. Ensures that all logistical arrangements are made in terms of notifications and confirmations, physical space, materials, equipment and food.
- Prepares complete reference files for designated team member(s) in advance of meetings for which background information and agendas have been distributed.
- Makes arrangements for national and international travel for designated team member(s) as required to attend professional meetings and commitments. Ensures all expenses are appropriately documented, assigned and reconciled.
- Reads, sorts, prioritizes and replies to mail for designated team member(s) as needed or requested
- Assists in managing the team member(s)' time by screening callers and walk-in visitors, sequencing meetings efficiently, providing timely reminders about appointments and 'to-do'items.
- Maintains a database of references.
II. Administrative Support
- Provides information and personal assistance to visitors, callers, and internal staff regarding the programs, policies and services of the facility.
- Orders office supplies and minor equipment not provided as part of the general inventory maintained by Facility Services. Assists in developing specifications and determining pricing and availability of specialty items.
- Develops and maintains standard administrative and clerical procedures consistent with Faculty Support group standards; creates and maintains office procedure reference manual specific to area of responsibility.
- Creates and maintains hardcopy files and electronically stored files on shared drive that are well organized and accessible.
- Reports computer system problems to the appropriate Help Desk and follows up to ensure timely resolution.
- Conducts information-related research as needed using the Internet, professional publications, library resources, networking and other sources.
- Provides coverage for reception desk on a rotating schedule.
- Serves as a mentor/resource on office procedures and technology for peers, providing assistance with tasks and projects and providing back-up coverage.
- Performs special projects and other work as assigned. General knowledge and ongoing training mandate that this may include CVs, BioSketches appropriate for grant submission, Publications, PubMed and COI documentation, license renewals and other such related tasks.
III. Financial Management
Monitors and reconciles monthly accounts to ensure correct assignment of fund codes to expenses, etc.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE