This position will work with the VP, as well as the VP's Administrative Associate. Duties include: Calendar management, presentation creation using PowerPoint, preparation of reports and summaries of the status of and progress in activities in the functions that report to the Vice President. Handle phone calls into the VP's office. Person must have excellent MSOffice skills,be well spoken and polished, able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Interpret new directives, policies and regulations and inform appropriate personnel of changes; make decisions on specific operating problems and issue instructions in the name of the department or division head.
- Control and maintain divisional or departmental files of records, reports and correspondence required for reference and efficient operation of division or department; insure maintenance of up-to-date management and procedural manuals, directives and related records.
- Assist in the preparation of complex and diversified departmental or divisional budgets making recommendations and projections based on knowledge of program activities and departmental operations; inform staff members of financial status of various projects.
- Compile data and statistics; prepare complex reports and proposals requiring the identification of sources, compilation, analysis and evaluation of data.
- Compose letters and statements independently requiring interpretation and application of departmental policies, procedures, rules and regulations; determine which correspondence to respond to or which to bring to supervisor's attention based on content of communication and broad knowledge of departmental programs and activities.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for seminars and conferences and establish appointments, meetings and speaking engagements; attend meetings to provide information and serve as a resource person; interview callers; answer questions concerning departmental or divisional activities and transmit instructions and/or information to and from staff members; serve as liaison with administrative personnel and external agencies concerning University policies and procedures, grant administration and budgetary preparation and control.
- Review reports received for supervisor; check and compare with source documents and bring significant items, changes, errors or omissions to the attention of the supervisor.
- Advise and direct secretarial, clerical or other personnel in the department or division; make work assignments and review work for accuracy and completeness.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE