Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving Strategy and Market Development, the Staff Specialist works with colleagues in Annual Giving programs to help reach the division's annual giving program goals. This position performs administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature, including working with donor records. The Staff Specialist will communicate both written and orally with a wide range of internal and external constituents in a customer service role. In addition, the position will manage program performance metrics and must have strong analytical and technical skills.
- Manage the daily appointments for the Executive Director and other positions on the Central Annual Giving team. Schedule meetings, conference calls, reserve rooms, order supplies and materials.
- Confirm appointments and other related activities.
- Gather and prepare the Executive Director's daily folders, ensuring the Director has the appropriate material for each day's agenda.
- Update and maintain an electronic calendar.
- Answer questions concerning development activities.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external customers.
- Makes proper referrals as necessary.
- Processes checks and prepares acknowledgements for all gifts to the Fund, including ensuring physician accuracy for all in honor/in memorial gifts.
- Work includes learning the development database (DADD) and patient database (Engage.)
- Manages Performance and Technique Code Report for all solicitations using development database (DADD) and Microsoft Excel programs.
- Prepare written communications and presentations, insuring grammatical accuracy, conformance with established procedures and factual correctness in documents such as: correspondence, memorandums and statements.
- Manages Communication Code Tracking Program for all Annual Giving solicitations and communications, and works in partnership with other units and central team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of entry.
- Maintains SmartSheet Communications and Solicitation Calendar and partners with other units to ensure information is up to date, accurate, and projects are closed on time.
- Plan meetings, retreats, conferences and other-related activities associated with the Annual Giving program.
- Works with finance team to process all invoices for Central Annual Giving program.
- Make travel arrangements for travel for Executive Director and other members of the Central Annual Giving Team.
- Coordinate records and manage documents. Maintain an organized filing system of reports, correspondence required for reference and efficient operation.
- Maintain up to date management and procedural manuals, directives, and related records.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post-secondary education.
Work generally requires four years of clerical or research experience to acquire strong skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office management, communications and research practices.
A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE