General Description of the Job Class
Coordinate and perform a variety of tasks relating to the ordering, receiving, recordkeeping and distribution of required patient care supplies for assigned Duke Hospital inpatient or support units to ensure adequate inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Order, receive, store, inventory and distribute a variety of supplies for an assigned area in accordance with established policies and procedures; transmit requests for items to Materials Management utilizing data terminal.
- Periodically inspect cart to ensure all items are in assigned locations; remove, replace and report any expired or sterile items with broken packaging.
- Regulate and track property assigned to the team to include carts shelving and labeling materials and notebooks; monitor the use of assigned team property. Maintain interface with professional and administrative personnel to coordinate supply activities and to resolve problems; inform central distribution manager of any problems or complaints.
- Recommend cart inventory additions and deletions to professional and/or administrative personnel based on monthly usage figures.
- Assist in planning, scheduling and assigning tasks to a team of Patient Supply Clerks.
- Assist in training of new personnel and conducting semiannual appraisals of team members.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Need great customer service skill set
Required Qualifications at this Level
Work requires the ability to screen, evaluate and log information from requisitions and to complete daily operational paperwork generally acquired through a high school education.
One year of experience in a hospital material control or related setting to acquire sufficient knowledge of products, advise users and suggest substitutions.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A valid North Carolina Driver's license may be required.